Lydenburg - Wagendrift Guest Farm
A haven to unwind, and escape to nature.
Wagendrift is situated in the heart of Mpumalanga on the banks of the Spekboom River, 11kms east of Lydenburg on the road to Ohrigstad and Pilgrims Rest, in a valley surrounded by rolling hills with breathtaking views.
The accommodation consists of 2 stone cottages and 1 log cabin which are fully equipped and serviced daily.
The first of the two cottages, Savuti, is a stone cottage with three en-suite bedrooms (2 double and 2 single beds) that have been decorated in exclusive African style. There is a lounge with fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, a stove with an oven, an electric frying pan and a microwave oven. There is an enclosed verandah as well as a lapa where you can braai or relax around the fire.
The second cottage, Jatabi, is a romantic stone cottage on the dam wall, well-equipped for a couple. It has a separate bedroom with a Queen-size bed; a bathroom with a shower; a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, stove with an oven, an electric frying pan and a microwave oven. The cottage also has its own braai area; a fireplace in the open plan lounge/kitchen area and a partially enclosed verandah
Matumi is the log cabin that overlooks one of the dams. It has 2 en-suite bedrooms equipped with two single beds each. There is a lounge with a fireplace; a fully equipped kitchen with a fridge, a stove with an oven, an electric frying pan and a microwave oven. There is also a verandah and a lapa where you can braai or relax around the fire.
2013 Rates from R300 per person per night, self-catering and children under 12 years of age R140 per child per night, self-catering.
Activities at Wagendrift include:
- Fly-fishing for Rainbow, Brown and Spekboom Red Trout in three well stocked dams totalling 2 hectares.
- Beautiful bushveld-like surroundings with abundant bird life.
- There is no formal hiking trail on the farm but walks can be taken on one of the many pathways leading to the banks of the river.
- Since the farm is situated in the transition between the Highveld and Lowveld, an interesting mixture of trees and other plants can be observed. The plants attract a wide range of birds and mammals that can also be seen on walks.
- Guests are invited to picnic at the idyllic picnic spot on the banks of the Spekboom River, and even swim in the river.
- Wagendrift is ideally situated for day visits to the Kruger National Park (120km) or the scenic escarpment attractions such as the Blyde River Canyon, Gods Window, Bourkes Luck Potholes etc.
PET POLICY: Most dog breeds & cats welcome all year round. Pets sleep inside the cottages - bring pet beds, bedding & bowls. Open areas and walking trails to take the pets on - gardens are not enclosed. Consideration must be given to resident cats, dogs & farm animals. Pets stay FREE.
Tel: 013 235 3840 or Cell: 082 442 7036
Fax: 086 502 0684